Frequently Asked Questions
Click a frequently asked question below to see the answer.
Cleaner does not move or moves slowly
1. Use flow gauge to verify proper flow of 3.
2. Open top hood and check for engine blockage.
3. Check underside of cleaner for blockage around the inlet.
4. Verify that the Direct Control Devices are operational and going through all cycles.
5. Check for air in system. If water in pump basket drops or you see air bubbles in the pump basket, there is air entering the system. Check hose for leaks, check hose connections, tighten all fittings and lid o-ring at the pump.
Cleaner patterns or does not cover entire pool.
1. Use flow gauge to verify a proper flow of 3.
2. Ensure return fittings are directed downward. Add a return diverter if necessary.
3. Ensure hose is not kinked or coiled. Lay the hose in the sun to straighten if necessary.
4. Verify correct hose float positioning.
5. Observe cleaner for more than 5 minutes and ensure that each drive track is periodically reversing direction. If it is not, contact your local dealer or service company for assistance.
6. Confirm proper hose length.
Cleaner gets stuck at stairs.
1. Obeserve cleaner for at least 5 minutes and ensure that each drive track is periodically reversing direction. If it is not, contact your dealer or service center for help.
2. Ensure the swivel on top of the cleaner rotates freely.
3. Use flow gauge to verify flow is set to 3.
4. Confirm proper hose length. Shorten if necessary.
Cleaner won't climb walls.
1. Using the flow gauge as a guide, increase flow to cleaner.
2. Verify correct hose float positioning.
3. Walls may be covered with algae (especially tile and fiberglass pools). Correct water chemistry and brush walls.
Cleaner riding on its side
1. Verify hose float is positioned approximately 9" from cleaner.